These Policies and rules will help everyone get the most out of their experience at CrossFit 941.
If you’re not happy, you can apply for a refund on any service or product we provide. Refunds must be applied for within 30 days of payment and, if approved, will be refunded within 30 days of refund request.
Membership Holds and Cancellations
Membership Holds and Cancellations must be made, in writing, 30 days in advance via our Hold/Cancellation Form. The Hold/Cancellation Form can be provided by one of our coaches at your request. Should you need to place a hold or cancel your membership sooner than 30 days in advance, you may but a final one month or prorated month charge will still be applied. In most cases this final charge can be applied to the month you return. Your membership can be placed on hold for any period of time but there will be a 5 dollar monthly hold charge to cover the cost of maintaining your account/app in our management system.
Lost/Stolen Item Policy
CrossFit 941 cannot be held responsible for the loss or theft of personal items left in the gym or in the cars parked on or off our premises. If item are left behind, they will be placed in the lost & found located in the lobby.
1. Reserve, Sign-In & Posting Scores
Reserve and sign in for your class. You have until 15 min prior to each class to reserve. Showing up without reserving means 50 Burpees in order to workout… provided that the class is not already full. Classmates are allowed to help you complete your Burpees and Burpees may be deferred until after class at the coaches discretion.
Reserving helps hold you accountable for showing up, help us avoid overfilling classes, and allows for coaches to be ready to accommodate your individual needs.
Signing in and posting your scores helps us/you keep track of your attendance, results and allows others to compare their results to the rest of the community.
2. Arrive early, Cheer, Clap and Encourage
Arriving at the start of class should be avoided. Though we would rather you be with us over not at all, arriving just in time or late means that you’ll likely not be ready for the workout and or miss important information. Should you arrive after the warm up has begun, you may be asked to attend the next class with available space. We don’t start our clean up or post our scores until the last person finishes the workout. If you need to leave please tell a coach and we will clean up after you. Understand that we are a team; we start as one and finish as one.
3. When you walk in the door, be aware and respectful of your surroundings
If there is teaching going on, stay quiet so people can hear and learn. If there is a WOD going on, stay out of the way and off the equipment until your class begins.
4. Extra Weightlifting, Olympic Lifting, Skill Work and Training
This is allowed and encouraged when arranged. We ask that you don’t follow any outside programming unless it is approved by your coach. It’s important that your reps and load are monitored to avoid injuries. Any extra work must be done during open gym hours or out of the way of class.
5. Accidents and injuries happen and usually come as a result of impatience
Don’t be greedy. Slow down. Ask questions. Ask for help. Check your ego at the door.
6. EMPTY barbells were not designed to be dropped
UNLESS doing so is necessary to avoid injury… we don’t want our toys, our rubber flooring, you, or someone else broken unnecessarily. We don’t want to get into penalties for this so just understand this and don’t do it.
Chalk is useful, even necessary but it’s also messy. Use as much as you need, but keep the excess inside the chalk bucket. All of the extra dust covers everything in the entire gym and makes it very difficult to keep the gym clean.
8. Clean up and put away all equipment after each workout
Clean up sweat, blood, chalk, dirt, hand prints, and whatever else you’ve left behind. Do not spit in the gym. Throw away your used plastic bottles and athletic tape that you have stripped off during the WOD. Mops and clean water are at the first bay door. Cleaner and wipes are throughout the gym. Help keep yourself and others healthy by cleaning your equipment both before and after using it.
9. Do not come to the gym when you are sick
Not sure that this needs to be explained but working out when you’re sick isn’t smart and we don’t want to catch what you have. This rule stands for things like skin infections, gi bugs, etc…not just colds or flues. Stay home and rest.
10. Grunting, screaming, and otherwise making noise are all welcome and encouraged during a workout… kinda
Remember there can be such a thing as too loud, crass, gross, or rude – please be respectful and no cussing in front of kids.
11. Headphones are only to be used while running outside
Once you’re inside, they need to be removed. Headphones can distract you from things going on around you, and make it impossible to hear technique corrections or instructions from your coach.
12. Young children should not be on the gym floor when workouts or classes are going on
This is absolutely necessary to keep kids from getting hurt. This is also applies to dogs.
13. NO CHEATING! CrossFit breeds a certain competitiveness since all workouts are measurable in some way. Never cheat reps or range of motion in order to beat someone or have the best score on the board. Trust us when we say…coaches as well as other members notice even when you think they don’t. If you can’t remember if you just finished 25 reps or 35, it’s 25. Cheating negatively affects the positive atmosphere of the gym, and when continued, is a dismissible offense.
14. Mobile phones are not allowed during class time
If you’re on call or have another issue that requires you to have your phone near you we understand. But if not, for the hour you’re with the class we want you to be just that, with the class supporting your classmates and listening to your coaches